Sunday, September 17, 2023

IT'S JUST A NUMBER

Hello, Sunday! Today is my husband's birthday - perfect timing for this week's Paper Players Challenge #PP658 - "Sports", selected by our very talented Claire.

The Paper Players: PP658 - A Clean-and-Simple Challenge from Claire


YIKES! I didn't focus on the fact until just now that this was supposed to be a Clean-and-Simple challenge! Well, perhaps because of all of the times I've designed CAS cards when not required, I can be forgiven this one time for breaking the rules. No way am I going to start over!


My husband is a HUGE baseball fan - more specifically the San Francisco Giants. My own interest in any form of sports varies from zero to nil, but he lives and breathes baseball statistics, so I knew I needed to reflect his own statistics in his birthday card this year. I started with an orange 7-1/4 x 5-1/4 envelope that I lined with some old baseball paper given me by my daughter-in-law's sister when she was cleaning out a craft room to move residences. Not being one to ever turn down any paper, I put it into my stash for use some time later - which is now. The envelope was an odd place to start, but I followed it by finding an online image of one of the SF Giants players (Hal will know who it is, but I don't). I printed him and fussy cut him out and mounted him on a piece of the baseball paper that was matted with orange and attached all layers to a black card base. I die cut the numbers twice, layered them, and stamped a PTI sentiment in black ink above. It's disappointing that my phone translated this card as red, rather than red-orange. 



I suppose the interior of the card could be considered CAS. I computer generated the sentiment and printed it on orange paper, matted it with the baseball paper, and fussy cut one of the baseballs from the leftover scraps.

Don't follow my lead - make sure to keep your cards clean-and-simple! Check in with my fellow designers at each of their blogs and have fun with Claire's theme. 

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a personalized birthday card! Love how amazing the card and envelope turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and it looks CAS to me! I love baseball too, so I know your hubby will treasure this special card. I think you rocked my sports challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card....personalized in such a great way! And may it not be perfectly CAS, it's still pretty darn spiffy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got clean lines and layers, that's CAS enough for me and it's terrific to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another perfect "Fran Made" card! I LOVE everything you create. I love these warm colors. This is great paper, and the image really sets it off. Great way to personalize it! And truth be told...it really is pretty clean to me! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, this is amazing! What a wonderful birthday card for your husband. The insid sentiment made me chuckle. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, this is amazing. i love how he's even pointing at the 68! What a wonderful way to celebrate your hubby's birthday. The inside sentiment? Priceless!!!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete