Sunday, October 29, 2023

KAITLYN'S BIRTHDAY

After a week off I'm back with this week's challenge at The Paper Players, and the lovely Claire has put together a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for us. 

The Paper Players: PP664 - A Tic Tac Toe Challenge from Claire


I'm pretty sure that Claire's intent was that we would make a fall card, judging by the various elements in her grouping, but Friday was my youngest granddaughter's 9th birthday, and I thought I would take care of two things by using Claire's challenge to kick-start Kaitlyn's card. I chose the middle row across as my inspiration - patterned paper/die cut/sequins or enamel dots.


I started my card with a die-cut background from Papertrey Ink - "Birthday Bash", which I cut from white card stock. I stamped two adorable stuffed animals from AALL & Create (#249 "Dog Toys"), masking to overlap the images and colored them with Copic markers. I stamped a third one on a scrap of white and colored and fussy cut him. I mounted the stamped and colored die cut panel to a panel of patterned paper so that it would show through the circles and stars and attached all of this to a white 4-1/2"x 6" white card base. I added a fussy cut sentiment from Avery Elle's "Peekaboo Pets". I die-cut a PTI #9 twice - once from the same printed paper and a second time from a white card stock and glued them together so it would have a bit more thickness. I overlapped the fussy cut stuffed toy with the 9 and attached them to the face of the card with dimensional foam, lining up the 9 with the background stripes. The final step was to add several enamel dots in various colors and sizes, and a tiny, stamped heart on the little guy on the left. The coordinating envelope is made from lightweight paper.

PS: My granddaughter LOVED this card!

Anyway, have at it! Make any kind of card you wish - just make sure you've selected one of the horizontal, vertical, or diagonal rows for all of your elements - and share it with us. I always like the Tic-Tac-Toe challenges, and I'm sure you do as well! 

On a personal note: This "Birthday Bash" background die from PTI has been a favorite of mine for quite a few years and I've used it on many cards - most notably on this one I made 8 years ago for Kaitlyn's one-year birthday party:
  

I don't have a photo of the inside of this invitation, but I computer-generated the message "One year old is what you are!" plus the invitation information and a really cute photo of her. In the ensuing years between one and nine, this kid has become quite a force to be reckoned with!
 

7 comments:

  1. Fran, I LOVE that you stepped out of the box. That is why I added that row. I thought someone wouldn't want to do Fall. I know your granddaughter loved her card. This die cut background is perfect! It looks like confetti! All the little dogs are so cute and colored perfectly! Have an amazing week, My Friend and Thanks for rocking my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies with those grandkids' birthdays, doesn't it? I am glad she liked this card because I like it too! I LOVE how you used the same paper for the number "9" to match the background paper and those little critters look like well-loved pets! The diecut background is pretty darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some cute stuffed animals! I see why you like this PTI die, it makes the card extra festive. Looks perfect for 9 year old Kaitlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Fran! Your card has melted this dog-lover's heart! It is adorable. What a perfect card for your granddaughter! I absolutely LOVE every awesome detail. You knocked it out of the park with this one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, Your card is fantastic. I love the colors, the image the papers- all of it. My favorite element is the die cut confetti- even better that you used it on the First Birthday card. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, I am not in the least bit surprised that she loved this card. It's totally adorable. Those little dogs just made me laugh - oh.. and I can see why you like the background, too. I love that you used the same element on her 1 year card. How time flies!!!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. What 9 year old wouldn't love this card Fran?! Those cute stuffed toys and the awesome diecut revealing the coloured DSP work so well together - perfect!

    ReplyDelete