Sunday, October 15, 2023

SIGNS OF AUTUMN - CAS

It's Sunday again, and you know what that means - a new challenge at The Paper Players! The very talented Joanne is this week's host, and she has chosen "Signs of Autumn" as the CAS challenge.  

The Paper Players: PP662 - A Clean-and-Simple Challenge from Joanne



I used one of my favorite sentiments from a fall Impression Obsession stamp set of several years ago. I stamped it onto an ivory cardstock that I had pre-cut with a stitched rectangular die. I used PTI's "Dark Chocolate" ink and then overprinted a PTI flourish in pale orange to suggest steam coming from the die cut pumpkin cup (Trinity Stamps #TMD-088 "Boo Brew"). I layered everything over a matching ivory card base and lined a coordinating envelope with some printed paper from my fall stash.

You'll have fun with Joanne's theme this week, but remember to keep it CAS! If you need a refresher on what we mean by CAS:
      • Minimal layers and embellishments
      • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
      • Simple and uncluttered

On a personal note: On Friday morning we delivered two more young feral cats to SNYP and found out it was one male and one female. That gets us down to just three more juveniles for an appointment in December - hoping we don't get blessed with any more! While waiting in line Friday I met a woman who is feeding 56 feral cats and has names for all of them! 

8 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I love that mug! Too cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this sentiment...and it looks perfectly with this big cup! Perfect fall creation! I think IO has some of the nicest stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Fran, you have created the most perfect card. I love the sentiment and the pumpkin cup. The steam is a wonderful detail. Who wouldn't love to receive this card in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card makes me feel warm and cozy, it has some of my favorite parts of fall (so glad it didn't say pumpkin spice). I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card 💐☺️ happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, this is gorgeous and I can see why you kept that IO sentiment, it is just perfect for fall! Fabulous CAS card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS perfection! I love this sentiment That big cup of warm coffee is perfect for a chilly day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fabulous Fran! I love those kinds of large, sentiments and this one seems made for your oversize pumpkin mug! This card sums up everything good about autumn for sure - and perfectly CAS too!

    ReplyDelete