Sunday, October 8, 2023

LEANNE'S COLORS

Well, the beginning of a new week and a new challenge at The Paper Players! This week our host is the Lovely LeAnne (alliterative!)  and she has selected a great collection of colors for fall - great for Halloween or fall images. I was feeling a bit 'Halloweened' out this week, so went with fall images. I hope to see lots of designers playing along with us!

 The Paper Players: PP661 - A Color Challenge from LeAnne




I stayed on the CAS side this week with some new images that I treated myself to during my birthday week - "Hello, Pumpkin" from Graphic 45. I started by stamping the larger pumpkin on a white die cut stitched rectangle with Memento's "Black Tuxedo" ink, overlapping it with a smaller pumpkin, and coloring the stems with an olive Copic marker. Then I stamped again on scraps of orange, purple, and olive polka dot papers, fussy cut the images, and pieced them, slipping the purple one under the orange. I finished with a PTI sentiment in black. It looked a bit bare, so I added a couple of punches on each side of the sentiment, pulled through and tied orange and purple twine in a bow, and mounted everything onto a white card base with some dimensional foam. Done.

Our design team has some beautiful examples for your inspiration. Visit their blogs and be sure to let them know how much you appreciate their challenge examples! 

On a personal note: The mention of Memento's "Tuxedo Black" reminded me to tell of my activities of the last couple of days. We keep getting "blessed" with kittens that feral mothers have been bringing in for us to feed and we have been trapping/spaying/neutering about every 6 months, hoping to catch up one of these days so we can control the neighborhood cat population. Last night we trapped 2 little juvenile tuxedos and delivered them this morning to the local chapter of SNYP (Spay & Neuter Your Pets). I think I mentioned that when we went through the last round of spaying and neutering, we had a lactating female, and she brought her 4 babies to us in June. The two little guys we took in this morning are part of her litter and we're hoping to get the other 2 in next Friday morning (I think 2 females). In the meantime, 2 more little calicos have shown up - it's feeling like a never-ending revolving cat door! I love cats, so I can't not feed them. Fortunately, some of the neighbors are helping out because we're all so disgusted with a woman down the block that lets her 13 cats run wild and breed constantly, leaving all of us to pick up the slack. The city has many laws on the books meant to control dogs, but nothing related to cats.   

7 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a beautiful fall CAS card! You nailed it with this one. So sorry about the cat population. Thank you for all you are doing to help with the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me with the sweet polka dot pumpkins! This is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkins, and I love polka dots, and I love CAS! You hit all three! And you are so sweet to try to help those kitties! I love hearing stories about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, What a great CAS card. I love the stylish pumpkins. I know I said before how much I like the way you added the twine. I must remember to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful clean and simple card, Fran! It's a wonderful way to showcase the challenge colors. I LOVE how you stamped the images on polka dotted paper and then fussy cut them out. It's the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS perfection! I love the pumpkins and the warm cozy feeling the twine brings to this card. Just perfect to showcase our colors! PERFECT! That die is great, too for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the paper-pieced pumpkins but it's the twine threading that impresses me the most - you are so creative with things like this Fran! Bravo on your continuing cats crusade - you are most definitely a friend to the felines!

    ReplyDelete