Tuesday, November 28, 2023

CONTINUING WITH BLACK, WHITE, AND GOLD...

I wanted to continue playing with black, white, and gold and chose to participate with the current Just Us Girls CAS challenge "In a Circle" and Less is More - "D is for Deck the Halls". I chose to go with a square format, featuring a cut-out ornament image where you can see to the inside of the card, which is lined with a folded vellum panel.


I started with a square top-folded black card base out of which I die cut a circle. The ornament is die cut from gold card stock with a Hero Arts Lia Griffith die/stamp set and heat embossed with Stampendous "Pearl Lustre Peridot" embossing powder. I die cut two of the ornaments and stacked them for a bit more thickness and glued them over the slightly smaller circle cut into the front panel. I then cut it a third time in black and glued that to the back with just a bit of the image offset to add a slight outline. Then I lined the interior of the card with a white pearlized moiré vellum and tied on a gold ribbon and star charm. The final step was to add some of Tim Holtz's stars to the face from the same white vellum.

I might have pushed the CAS requirements a bit with the multiple layers and embellishments, but once I started, it was hard not to add just one more thing!


 
   
This card is being shared at Just Us Girls:



and Less is More:





 

7 comments:

  1. I spotted this elegant circle of your in our JUGs gallery! It's lovely Fran. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card! Love how you offset the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant, Fran. I love that you can see through that beautiful ornament and the sentiment fits within it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Fran - I love the offset of the ornament behind, a subtle but effective detail. What a fabulous way to maximise this colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! WOW! WOW! 'Nuf said
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete