Tuesday, November 28, 2023

AND ONE MORE!

Here's a sort of bonus of a second card today - this one, while I'm still on my black, white & gold kick, is not attached to any of the challenges. It's just a bit of playing around on my own. I'm trying to fill in with as many Christmas cards as I can early enough that I'm not rushed as we near Christmas.


Some years ago I had purchased a pile of shiny gold folded laser-cut villages that were in a sale bin in one of the local art supply stores and they've been languishing in my stash since then. I didn't know what I wanted to do with them and this is my first effort. I started by white heat embossing a splatter from Tim Holtz (a Halloween set) on a black square and attached a portion of one of the folded cards over the splatter. After backing a second piece with black card stock to add some weight, I heat-embossed it with a white sentiment and tied on some metallic threads. I matted the black square with some gold card stock and glued it to a white square card base. The final step was to add the piece of village with the sentiment by using some dimensional foam and some white and gold Tim Holtz stars.

The hardest part about this card was photographing it! I was getting so much reflection that I couldn't get an image that showed the layered village. Bummer, because it is quite effective. 

3 comments:

  1. Gosh this is pretty Fran! I love the little sprinkling of stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! What a great idea to add the little starry sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, I can see why you held onto these houses! This is such a stunning card!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete