Friday, December 1, 2023

DECEMBER TWO OLD BATS

Yes, we at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge are just batty enough to attempt combining Halloween and Christmas images! This is always a bit of a struggle for me, but I came up with a card I'm actually pleased with, based on the upper left quadrant of our inspiration board.

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: December 2023 Anything Halloween




I started with a white top-folded card base and a winter holiday sentiment usually used on Christmas cards. I stamped an Impression Obsession jack-o-lantern image in black and colored him with my Copic markers. Then I over-stamped an old PTI Christmas light string, fussy cut some tiny, printed candy corns for lights and dropped a spider from the string. I added the little web at the light string with a fine black pen. The sentiment from Impression Obsession was the final layer and I die cut this all into a deckled edge rectangle, matted with black card stock. It was all looking a bit bare, so I added the striped paper at the bottom of the card and attached the die cut panel to the face of the card. A handmade envelope from coordinating card stock finished everything off.

If you're in the middle of your Christmas cards, just pop on a Halloween image and send it on to us for our enjoyment! If we get to 25 entries there's always a drawing for a special gift. Check in with all of our designers and see what they're offering up for this December challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment