Sunday, December 3, 2023

MERRIEST WISHES

Well, this has been a fun card to make! I picked up some random light-weight Christmas papers at a sale this past week without any intentions for what I would do with them. I generally use the light printed papers to line envelopes. It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players, so I thought to use one of the papers for our new challenge hosted by the brilliant Jaydee - "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas".


I started out inspired by the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, which features an arrangement of circles running at a diagonal across the card with a sentiment cutting through. I thought to fussy cut a bunch of the ornaments from one of the papers (you can see it being used as the lining on my coordinating envelope), but first adhered a strip of the paper to heavier white card stock to give each ornament a bit more weight. I die cut a stitched rectangle slightly smaller than the A2 side-folded card base and just started gluing on the ornaments randomly. I white heat embossed the sentiment on a black strip of cardstock and glued it over the top of the ornament arrangement, tied a black & white baker's twine bow, and attached the panel to the face of the card base with some dimensional foam. I popped up one of the ornaments with foam and overlapped it onto the sentiment strip. Then for a final touch of festive bling, I glued on some pink sequins.

I'm looking forward to seeing what our Paper Players blog followers do with Jaydee's theme. You should see what the other designers have come up with to inspire you! Hop over to our blog and check it out:

The Paper Players: PP669 - A Theme Challenge from Jaydee 


 I'm also including my card in the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches #614:

Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #614 - A Sketch by Jen B 


11 comments:

  1. Fran, your card just popped off the site! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Those beautiful ornaments are just fabulous! Fussy cutting takes time, but it was worth it to create this beauty! Whoever receives this in the mail is in for a real treat. SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning, Fran. I've never thought to line envelopes - looks great! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure this was a bit of work to create, but the final effect is fabulous! I predict a winner over at FMS for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You fussy cut all of those? Well done!! This is festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love those ornaments! They are so pretty and the envelope liner looks fantastic! Love the pink sequins as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bunch of ornaments is awesome! What a fantastic take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... I love this layout and your use of the ornaments for it really works so beautifully. The pink sequins nestled amongst the ornaments is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for rocking my challenge this week, Fran
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect sketch for this array of ornaments, Fran! These ornaments have a distinct retro vibe with their design and colors that I absolutely love! This is such a fun card that will definitely delight the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card, Fran. I just love your work. The cascade of ornaments is so fun and whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fran your cascade of ornaments is just delightful! So much colour and I love the sparkle of the sequins scattered in between. That paper was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fran, you are a fussy-cutting rockstar! This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete