Friday, November 10, 2023

STAY COZY

BRRRR! It's starting to get cold here in Southern Oregon. We've had our first frosts, so my mind is starting to go to winter scenes. I jumped off from Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge - "Emboss Like a Boss" for inspiration as I played with a new-to-me die from Tim Holtz.


I dry embossed a snowy sky from Darice and then die-cut a small, stitched rectangle from the same panel. I glued a portion of one of the Tim Holtz #666334 "Forest Shadows" dies to the face and trimmed it out, matting it with a silver panel. I heat embossed the sentiment in silver on a larger stitched rectangle, tied a couple of strands of thin silver thread in a bow, and glued on a silver star sequin and gem and mounted all of this to a white card base. The final step was to add a small die cut house from Alexandra Renke's "Winter Village" set with a bit of dimensional foam. Before attaching the house, I added a tiny yellow panel to the back to light up the windows. So, this is my spare approach to "Boss Embossing"! 



Here's the link to #SOS509: 

Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge Blog: SOS509 - Emboss Like a Boss


Added December 28, 2023:


 

6 comments:

  1. Fran, that pop of red is gorgeous with the soft, serene colors on the rest of the card. What a beautiful card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be easy to stay cozy in that cutie little red cabin! Sweet card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo, that little pop of red against the grey and white! Stay warm, Fran, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this cozy card!! A perfectly CAS card with detail that makes it shine!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "embossing" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash...we are so glad your joined the fun!!
    Deb Horst, DT #SOS509

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful CAS seasonal card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. This is just soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete