Sunday, November 12, 2023

THE PAPER PLAYERS COLOR CHALLENGE


It's Sunday, so it must be a new challenge at The Paper Players! The very talented Joanne is this week's hostess, and her colors are "Real Red", "Shaded Spruce", and "Gold" plus any color of your choice. So, gather up your red, green, and gold supplies and join in on the fun! If you came here first, then head over to the blog and see what the creatives on our Design Team have offered up for your inspiration. 




This must mean Christmas! My take on this week's colors started with an old Stampendous rubber stamp #CRSS038 that was part of a set that also included a pair of cardinals sitting on a similar branch. My level of ambition this weekend did not include coloring a very complex image of cardinals, so I decided on the separate branch. Is this supposed to be holly? If it is, it doesn't look like the holly growing here in Oregon. But then, we also don't have cardinals here, much to my disappointment!

  

I stamped the image twice with PTI "Pinefeather" ink on white card stock. The top panel got colored with Copic markers and then a circle die cut from it, so the second panel would show up un-colored, over-stamped, and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Both images were layered onto a white card base with some gold matting and dimensional foam. The final layer was to add a bit of gold thread and three gold sequins.


And here's what happened with the die cut circle from the front of the card:



    

7 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Fran! I like the interest the uncolored leaves add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Fran! I love how you spotlighted the leaves on both the outside and inside of the card. Your coloring is gorgeous. I LOVE this design. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran this is fabulous! I love the way you used your stamp to create a 'spotlight' on your sentiment and then carried that through to the inside for the additional coloured circle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool...the opening has lots of interest and then when you open the card, there's even more! You are so clever, and whatever that foliage is, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, such a great layout. I love that you did the non-colored on the inside of the circle and the touch of gold thread is the perfect finishing touch. Love it!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Fran. I love how you used the cut out. I'm calling the front "reverse spotlighting". I'm going to have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, this is so beautiful!!!! I love how you did the cut out and layered all this lovely greenery! The non colored leaves draw your eye right to the image! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete