Wednesday, November 15, 2023

WHEN LIFE GETS SCARY...

It's once again mid-month at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge and here's our current mood board. If you follow the link, you'll see what the Design Team is sharing with you.



This time around I chose the bottom left quadrant for my inspiration:


I'm still working with the Park Lane "Boo" printed paper pad I purchased earlier in the year. This paper is printed on both sides, and I love that I can make coordinating envelopes that I don't have to line (not that I ever HAVE to line envelopes, it's just a personal preference). This pattern also has silver foil stars and crescent moons. The pattern repeats diagonally across the page, so to get a single moon and owl near the center of a 4" x 5-1/4" rectangle, I had to pretty much take a piece out of the middle of the 12x12 sheet. But that didn't quite make it, so I patched the bottom right-hand corner and then covered my patch with a fussy cut second owl that I attached with some dimensional foam. This was a very easy card where the paper does all of the work! Well, not all of the work - I did have to stamp the sentiment.


For the inside, I glued a red-orange panel and stamped and glued a white circle with the sentiment and fussy cut a second owl.



We still have until the end of the month to enter your challenge projects - and you can enter more than once, so let's see what you've got! Let's get those cards to 25 so we can award this great prize!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so creative with the papers, it turned out Fa-BOO-ulous!! Those owls are really great, wouldn't it be fun to have a stamp made with them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great paper, those owls are so cute! Terrific card, (and envelope!) Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Halloween card and so easy! Love those owls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this card. Great use of the FUN pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete