Sunday, November 19, 2023

TAG, YOU'RE IT!

It's Sunday, - and tag you're it! It's The Paper Players challenge and LeAnne has a brand-new challenge for us. And, wouldn't you know, I didn't focus on it being CAS until I started to upload this image to my blog. Many of my inspirational cards are CAS, so do you think LeAnne will forgive me this transgression? 

https://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2023/11/pp667-clean-and-simple-challenge-from.html



I had decided to use LeAnne's challenge to make an actual gift tag for my 14-year-old granddaughter to use for a gift card from her favorite clothing store. She's quite the fashionista and will appreciate this.




I started with a small recycled Hallmark gift bag that had mint green ties on it. I cut off the mint green ribbon and replaced it with a red one, inserted some black and white polka dot tissue,  and attached the tag. For the tag, I used a PTI tag die that I cut twice - once in black and the second time in red shimmer paper. The silver foil wreath is an Avery Elle #D-06-07 "Star Frame Die" and the poinsettia is from Spellbinders (#S4-1135 "Christmas Blooms"). The sentiment is an old one I've had around for years - I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. 

It's now your turn and I trust that you'll follow instructions to make your project CAS! Check out the blogs of each of the Design Team members for their beautiful inspirational entries.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tag! CAS or not it's perfect and your granddaughter will love the whole gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll love this, Fran it's fabulous! You had me at that polka dot bag, though, just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fran, I love this! I need two of these tags for my older grand daugthers I need one for myself, too! Polka dots are my favorite and the pops of red steal my heart. I love red, too! The little wreath and poinsettia are so festive. She will love it! I didn't see it was CAS either. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous tag...it is just gorgeous with the black background! Very creative, and I am sure your DGD will love it too! It's a little un-CAS but it's so pretty, I can't get upset! I always love what you make anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wow! Wow! What a gorgeous tag! It is absolutely stunning against the polka dot bag. The sentiment is perfect. Your granddaughter will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Fran that gift bag is just fabulous - perfect for a fashionista! Your tag is just beautiful Fran with the wreath and poinsettia against the black complimenting the black and white polka dot bag beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card, Fran. I love how all the colors just pop on the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tag is stunning but paired with that gift bag?? Yowza! So perfect, especially with that fancy red bow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This whole gift presentation is simply amazing! I cannot imagine that your granddaughter won't be in awe of the creation and the gift!

    ReplyDelete