Monday, December 11, 2023

FINAL BLACK, WHITE & GOLD

I mentioned in a post a couple of days ago that I was completing my black, white & gold series of Christmas cards to present them tomorrow to six interior design friends as we meet for our annual holiday get-together. We don't do a formal gift exchange, but there are usually a couple of small "tokens" given out - things like small candles or sachets, or Christmas ornaments. It's all very informal, with the emphasis on companionship. These are the last two cards I finished up for my classy friends:


For this card I used a large overall poinsettia rubber stamp that I've had for years. I stamped it on white cardstock with black ink then again a couple of times on gold stock with black embossing powder. Then I fussy cut one of the larger poinsettias and layered the bracts, giving it some dimension. I die cut a frame out of a black cardstock stitched rectangle that I gold heat-embossed the sentiment on and glued over the patterned background and matted it with gold cardstock. I attached it all to a black card base and added some tiny gold beads in the center of the poinsettia.


The second card is a bit larger than the others - I made it from an A7 Strathmore stamping card and coordinating envelopes: 


The first thing I did was to cut a black panel slightly smaller than the card base and heat embossed a white wreath (Impression Obsession rubber stamp). I cut a metallic gold panel slightly smaller than the black one, die cut a stitched circle opening in it, and white heat embossed the sentiment. I mounted this over the face of the black panel and added a bow and a couple of die cut holly leaves. The final step was to glue tiny gold sequins onto the wreath.


Here are shots of the entire collection of six:




    

4 comments:

  1. You are the queen of black, white and gold cards! These are gorgeous, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Lisa, you ARE the Queen of this colour combo. Beautiful cards, fran, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Such a great color combo, and you've used it with perfection. Your cards are elegant and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, These cards are gorgeous! I have enjoyed seeing your work this past year. I will continue to check in and see what you are creating and take away some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete