Thursday, January 4, 2024

BRAND NEW CHALLENGE!

From our intrepid challenge blog owners, Darlene and Diane, comes a brand new challenge! You have to check this one out - what a great idea!

https://wordpowerchallenge.blogspot.com/


This challenge will be a month-long one starting on the 1st Thursday, ending on the last Thursday of every month. This is a chance to make use of your sentiments that might be languishing in your stash. The idea is to feature the sentiment in a prominent position so that when the recipient opens their envelope it will be the first thing they see. No tiny one-word sentiments allowed! Follow the link above and check out all of the rules.   

I'm dedicating this first card to Darlene and Diane for all of their hard work and as a Happy New Year message to the beginning of the blog.


I started this card with a 5-1/2" square top-folded black card base (I ran out of white card stock over the holidays and haven't replenished it yet - but that's okay because I love black cards!). I cut a smaller square of the same stock and stamped and gold heat embossed some confetti from an old stamp set. Using PTI's large numbers, I die cut 24 and matted the square with gold card stock and attached it to the card base. I popped up the numbers with 4 layers of black stock and before gluing them to the face, I heat embossed the sentiment onto gold stock (Hero Greetings #CM495), die cut a tag (Dare 2B Artzy "Rectangle Framelits #D148), and tied it to the #2 with some gold thread. It sounds easy enough, but it took me ages to pull this all together because I couldn't settle on whether I wanted to add 20 above the 24, but in the end decided against it.


So, come and join all of us at Word Power Challenge Blog and support Darlene and Diane's new venture!

6 comments:

  1. WOW this is absolutely gorgeous Fran ... how creative! Thanks so much for the awesome shout out about our newest/latest challenge adventure! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our WORD POWER challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are a whiz! I was totally stumped but you mastered the "first thing you see" part, and have inspired me and others, I'm sure. Gorgeous card in such classy, classic colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant, classy AND gorgeous!! Thank you for all your kind words and to helping us promote our new and crazy adventure!! Happy New Year to you!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
    Diane WP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Word Power}

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, this is so elegant and so CLASSY!! Absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, this is absolutely the most beautiful expression of Happy New Year I've seen this year!! Fabulous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete