Tuesday, January 30, 2024

VALENTINE'S KISSES

In December I won a challenge over at Time Out Challenges in which I was given a gift certificate for Birch Press Design and I couldn't pass on using it toward this charming "Folk Art Heart" layered die (among others!) and I've been wanting to play with it. The die is actually 3 layers, but I only used Layers A and C for this Valentine's Day card. I wanted to do a CAS card for AAA Cards Challenge #257: Anything CAS goes (Valentine's Day) and Tic Tac Toe Challenge #239. Sadly, I'm not sure I'm going to really get any Valentines mailed this year, but I will make a couple for family members.

This card was started with a 5-1/2" square white card base and a 4-3/4" square white panel. I die cut Layer C from the center of the smaller square panel and backed the opening with some PTI printed paper in "Blush". The tiny sentiment was stamped from "Hero Greetings" #CM351 with PTI "Hibiscus Burst" ink. Layer C of the die was cut from PTI patterned stripe in "Hibiscus Burst" and layered into the heart opening of the smaller panel and the final white cardstock layer went over that. I added a tiny die cut heart from PTI to accent the sentiment and pulled through some dark pink thread and a couple of clear crystal beads to embellish it.


When I opened the package from Birch Press Design, they had also included some beautiful bonus envelopes!  The one in these photos is a 5-3/4" square iridescent bright pink one.

AAA Cards: AAA Card Challenges #257: Anything CAS goes (Valentine's day)



For the Tic Tac Toe Challenge I am entering this card for the diagonal row: Punch or Die Cut/Patterned Paper/Pink.




4 comments:

  1. Great purchase with your winnings, Fran, this is a pretty Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab die and well done you winning the challenge at Time Out. Whoever gets this special card will feel very loved. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week and we hope to catch you again soon.
    KarenR (DT AAA Cards)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! These dies are fabulous and the patterned paper is so beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Tic Tac Toe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you used patterned papers on your card. Very clever idea and the effect is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete