Monday, April 1, 2024

APRIL TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE

April Fools Day and a new challenge from Two Old Bats! We have a new mood board for your inspiration - or you can submit anything Halloween.

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: April 2024 Anything Goes Halloween

I came across a couple of new 12x12 pads of double-sided Halloween paper at Michael's just shortly after Christmas and it was love at first sight! The images are all contemporary and the colors are intense. My Halloween cards are generally more somber, but with these new papers I can see a whole new movement of brightly-colored cards and envelopes starting up! This card and envelope are using the papers at American Crafts "Happy Halloween". 

I was drawn to the lower left quadrant with the giant moon and turquoise sky with bats and stars, and then I diverged to other scary images. I had intended to do a "witchy" card, but the card had other ideas! I started with a black card base and attached a slightly smaller rectangle of orange dotted paper. I black heat embossed the sentiment (Impression Obsession's "When Life" #CL306) onto a gray die-cut circle and smudged up the edges and interior a bit with some gray ink, then attached it to the turquoise and black bats and stars paper and die cut both layers with a deckle-edge rectangle. This I glued over the orange panel and dug out an old Tim Holtz haunted house that was in my stash and attached that. I fussy cut some little ghosts from one of the papers and glued them to the windows of the house. The final "topper" was a die cut bat from Whimsey Stamps ("Dracula Going Batty" Die Set #WSD406). I really like this card - what do you think?

We would love to have you join us on this challenge! We still have a really cool die to give away if we get 25 entries:



2 comments:

  1. WOW I agree ... that paper is fabulous ... I understand why it ended up in your cart! Awesome card/envelope!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card, Fran, I like the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete