Saturday, April 6, 2024

F IS FOR "FOLD IT"

Here I am at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for a repeat Guest Designer slot! This month Challenge #249 is "F is for Fold It". You can see that Edna has made herself a hat to wear for this challenge. Do you suppose it's lined with tin foil? 

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: SoSS #249 - F is for Fold It


I won't pretend that this challenge was easy! I started with a completely different idea (you'll find that at the end of this post), but scrapped it because it felt like it had too few folds. I knew I wanted to start using up these paper dolls from Tim Holtz that had been languishing in my stash for a couple of years. I use one once-in-a-while, but wanted to use a bunch of them. There are a total of 19 people + a dog, so there's only a handful of them left - stay tuned! 



I'm not sure what this fold is called, but I've played with it a couple of times - maybe a standing accordion fold? When compressed it's approximately 5" square. It took 3 sheets of chocolate paper trimmed to 5" strips to complete all of the folds. The sentiment is from AALL & Create (#771 "DEE Quips"). The envelope is a custom one.

The card I made initially for my husband is a much simpler fold. I folded an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card base in half with the fold on the right, then turned back the right side. I added tan panels to both layers and glued on the figures so that they slightly overlapped.



When opened, the second part of the sentiment (AALL & Create #771 "DEE Quips") appears with a pile of wine bottles (Unity Stamp Co.). This card was so hard to photograph. Showing the fold really distorted the image. 

7 comments:

  1. Two amazing cards, Fran! Thanks so much for being our royalty this month, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW
    Both of those are awesome - but that first one????
    19 people and a dog (there should be a song in there somewhere)
    I have a bunch of those paper dolls in my stash as well - what a great way to use them!
    Thanks for once again being our reigning Queen of Snark!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous cards, omg the first one is so labour intensive, the second one is just as great and love the sentiment. Great to have you as our reignng Queen of Snark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now those are some folds! What fun cards, Fran. The sentiment on the second one is a hoot. Those paper dolls are terrific. Makes you wonder who all of those people were!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards, Fran! As I look at card #1, it seems to be a fool-the-eye card. Straight on, the people all look forward (to me) and at an angle they all look to their left (at me)...fun! Card #2 also a fun card with a wonderful fold and snarky sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great folds and wonderful designs Fran - I have two pkgs of these people and rarely use them - now I have two good ideas for using them! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Fran!!! You totally kicked this over the fence and out of the park!!! Wow, wow, wow.

    ReplyDelete