Thursday, April 11, 2024

LIVE/LOVE/CRAFT

Today's offering is a combination of two challenges: Time Out Challenge #261 "Inspired by Words" and Inkspirational Challenge #313 "Fold".

The sentiment and image are from Hero Arts #CM366 "Handmade Happiness" stamp set. I started with a black top-folded card base. Using a two-sided printed stock from American Crafts, I die cut a stitched rectangle, cut a slit across it, and folded it back to show the backside of the paper. Once I knew the location of the opening against the black card, I white heat-embossed the sentiment and attached the printed rectangular panel to the face of the card. I stamped the hand/scissors image on a piece of white cardstock and colored it with Prisma pencil and Copic markers and fussy cut it. You can't really tell from the photo, but I also fussy cut the blades of the scissors from silver metallic stock and glued them over the colored image. After attaching the hand and scissors, the final step was to punch a hole in the face of the card and tie on orange and purple twine.

Here are the two challenges - yes, the fold is a bit simple, but a fold never-the-less!

TIME OUT Challenges: Challenge #261 IBW "I'm a romantic! I live for long, dreamy walks down the craft aisle"



Inkspirational: Inkspirational Challenge #313 - Word Prompt - Fold (inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com)



Added April 27, 2024:



7 comments:

  1. The position of the hand and scissors is spot on! What a fun card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a fun stamp of the hand with scissors and such a very clever fold cut by them!! (gosh, they have stamps for everything don't they??!! )Such a creative idea Fran - thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Fold! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Thank you for joining us at INk~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, creative interpretation of 'fold' - I love it. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever and creative of you, Fran. That hand cutting the paper is such a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, unique card! Perfect for our challenge at Time Out. I love the placement of the sentiment, very clever. I hope to see you joining our current photo inspiration challenge too! xx

    ReplyDelete