Saturday, September 21, 2024

BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH HALLOWEEN CARDS...

Even though I am part of the Design Team at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge, and I create 24 Halloween cards a year for the challenge, I'm still about 6 cards short for my total 2024 mail-out. So I decided to start working on some other challenges using Halloween themes. My first effort here is for Inkspirational: Challenge #325 - Word Prompt - "Headwear"

This was so much fun - but then, aren't Halloween cards always?! I started with this cute black cat wearing a witches hat from some printed papers last year that I still have in my stash - Park Lane "Boo!". I fussy cut her from a larger sheet and then cut an additional hat and added a colored band, die cut purple bat, and black feather with bead. I stamped and black heat embossed the sentiment from Impression Obsession #CL553 "Is the Moon Out Tonight" on 3 different papers and pieced them together for strips of color. This I added to a black card base after matting it with red-orange dotted paper. I glued kitty to the face of the card and added her hat with black dimensional foam and bent the bat's wings a bit.

It wasn't until I copied the Inkspirational badge here that I realized it has a feather on it like my kitty's hat!

Inkspirational: Challenge #325 - Word Prompt - Headwear (inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com)



4 comments:

  1. Hi Fran - yes, the link over at Inkspirational (as well as several other challenge blogs) was not playing nicely for a while. I've added your card to the gallery; hope that's okay.
    Speaking of your card: ohmyword! How stylish is your kitty, decked out in her fancy witch hat! Absolutely marvelous! Thank you so much for joining our Headwear challenge!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were really on the spot, Carol! Thanks for posting it for me - and thanks for the nice words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Halloween card, Fran! Love that fun cat in the very stylish witch's hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a sweet little cat, this is cute!

    ReplyDelete