Monday, September 16, 2024

SEPTEMBER BIRTHDAY CARD #3

Continuing with the run of September birthday cards, here's #3, my dear husband's card for his birthday tomorrow. I always do something that is specific to the interests or personalities of my loved ones when I create a card. In this case, my husband was a wine wholesaler before I met him and he has kept up with his active interest in wines over the years. We're fortunate that we live in a great wine-growing region here in southern Oregon.

As additional inspiration I went over to AAA Card Challenge #274: Sketch, where we are challenged to use overlapping images with a bit of transparency.

I used a new Unity Stamp Company rubber stamp collection: "Age gets Better with Wine" that I purchased a month or so ago. I find I can never have enough wine-related stamps in my stash!

On a 5x7 white card base I started with some red wine-colored spills and splotches and some PTI "Scarlet Jewel" ink. Then I stamped the left hand bottle and the spilling glass in black ink, masked the first bottle, and over-stamped a second bottle. I colored them with Copic markers so that they appear to be empty (as they would be, if they're anywhere near us!). Then I went in search online to find two of his favorite southern Oregon red wines, scaled the labels to fit these bottles, and fussy cut the labels to add to the bottles - he'll recognize them immediately. I wanted to add another scattered background in gold to match with the sentiment, but first I stamped it in Memento "Bamboo Leaves" so that it would look like the bottles were in front of it, and then later over-stamped and gold heat-embossed it.

The inside is made up of two other Unity Stamp Collection - "Let's get 'Sip' Faced" and "Drink & Cuss". 


AAA Cards: AAA Card Challenges #274: Sketch




I'm also participating over at Inkspirational - Designer's Choice, "Make Your Mark":







2 comments:

  1. What a fun card for your husband! Happy birthday to him. I love that you personalized this with the wine bottle labels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it is the perfect birthday card for your DH! You two sound like a fun couple.

    ReplyDelete