Sunday, September 15, 2024

SEPTEMBER MID-MONTH TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE

Generally I follow the inspiration board our leaders have provided for us - but, in this case, I went off on my own because I have a brand new Tim Holtz die cut set that I wanted to try out. Plus, there's this lab beaker paper that I haven't used before and it seemed like a good choice with my "The Count" changed to a mad Dr. Frankenstein, as seen on Pinterest. I'll save the Count for another time. 


At any rate, I did use some of the same colors on this card as on the top right quadrant of our inspiration board. This Tim Holtz #665557 "The Count" die set is not for the faint-of-heart die cutters! There are so many layers, but I made it harder by changing him to a mad scientist. It seems like I either do my Halloween cards as CAS or very complex - very few in-betweens. 

Because of the vertical orientation of the die cut I chose to go with a slim-line card and coordinating envelope. After assembling the scientist I opted for using a turquoise background that looks like damask wallpaper and cutting a strip of the lab beakers paper, combined with a strip of "Fright Night" sentiment from some random scraps, which I glued to a strip of purple card stock that is trimmed out with a drippy border punch. This I placed over the turquoise background and matted with some diagonal coordinating paper. Before I attached this to the face of the black card base, I added a stamped spider dropping toward the shelf of poisonous beakers. I fussy cut some additional beakers and added them to the shelf with a bit of foam dimensional tape and glued Dr. Frankenstein to the face of the card.

The final step was to construct a slim-line envelope and add a strip of "Fright Night" sentiment to the flap. WHEW! Not an easy card to make and I think it's a candidate for a hand-delivered card, since I'm not sure it would survive the postal service.



 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is totally awesome, how clever to turn it into a mad scientist!! I can relate to all those layers at times, it almost takes a 'mad' scientist to put it together lol!! Anyhow, a fabulous card and envelope (and I don't always follow the mood board either and I am the one that puts them together LOL)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love this fantastic and very cool Halloween card, Fran! I think that spider is headed directly for Dr. Frankenstein's beak(er), haha.

    ReplyDelete