Thursday, September 12, 2024

SEPTEMBER BIRTHDAYS #2

In case anyone is interested, this is a follow-up post of the second twin birthday card. If it's not apparent by this card for my grandson, he's a HUGE soccer fan! He's currently playing on the varsity soccer team for his high school (not bad for a freshman) and next spring he'll continue on the local travel team where he's been playing for the last two years.



I knew I wanted to make a soccer-themed card for him, so had to go in search of a special stamp set or paper. I found this collection of  Authentique "Soccer Images" card stock with several coordinating 2-sided papers. I started with one of the images of the ball in the net, knowing I wanted to use it in the center of the card as the primary focus and the #15. I used PTI's numbers to die cut the numbers and stacked them with 4 layers of green paper and matted it with the same green (backside of one of the papers). Then I layered that a couple of more times with coordinating squares and attached it all to the face of a black square card base. Then I layered over die cut 'happy' (Hero Arts ) and 'th' and 'birthday' (PTI). The final step was a coordinating custom envelope.

The '15' doesn't show well on this photo, so here is a close-up:


Since this is all new 'schtuff' I'm sharing a second time at the September challenge for NBUS:

NBUS: NBUS Challenge #66 (mynbus.blogspot.com)


  

On a Personal Note:

It's hard to believe these two are twins - they're so different in appearance and personality. Colin was born 5 minutes after Alexis, and my son's joke is that it was the quietest 5 minutes of Colin's life! This is a photo of their "Moving Up" ceremony from 8th to 9th grades in June. Also present, their little sister.



1 comment:

  1. What a great card! From what you've told us about his soccer talent, this should be his favorite birthday card...made especially for him!

    ReplyDelete