Saturday, September 21, 2024

HALLOWEEN #2

Well, I'm on a roll with Halloween cards today and having fun with TIME OUT Challenges #272 - "Snarky". Snark happens to be one of my favorite forms of expression - Halloween or otherwise! 


I used an image from Whimsy Stamps #CWSD388 "Zombie Party" and he's pretty disgusting! I stamped him in black on a white panel then masked him off and stamped a pale gray spider web background from Impression Obsession. Then while he was still masked off, I overprinted blood splats and green spatters. After coloring him with my Copic markers, I over-stamped the first line of the zombie sentiment from Tim Holtz and die cut the panel with a deckle rectangle. I smeared some light ink around the edges and mounted the panel to a green mat that was also smeared and smudged a bit. Once this was completed, I white heat embossed the second line of sentiment onto a black panel and trimmed it. I attached the black rectangular sentiment to the card with a strip of black foam dimensional tape.   
 

The envelope was a slightly off-white one from my stash that I lined with printed paper and stamped the 'BUUUURP' sentiment in green just below the edge of the flap. This is one of the sentiment lines from the Zombie Party stamp set.

That should do it for me today!

TIME OUT Challenges: Challenge #272 - Snarky



3 comments:

  1. Great Halloween card, Fran! When I first looked at it my reaction was ewww but then I saw the sentiment and laughed! Love the card and love the envelope - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that sentiment is too much fun! Terrific Halloween card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O that's low Fran - and absolutely perfect for our snarky challenge (I'll have to store that zinger away for a rainy day)! And such a great card - love the creepy background and the blood spatter and the zombie image (my son is a huge fan of the zombie genre and would love this)! Thanks for entering your brilliant card in our Snarky Challenge at Time Out!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete