Wednesday, October 2, 2024

BEWARE!

So here's another Halloween card, and I'm nearly finished with the 30 cards I need. I love that this month's Color Hues Challenge is purple and orange - perfect Halloween colors!

I started this card with a scrap of orange paper that already had a white moon on it. I trimmed it to fit to a 5x6-1/2 black card base, specifically to use a spare purple envelope from my stash. I stamped a graveyard scene (Unity "Toil and Trouble") twice with black - once at the bottom of the orange panel and a second time on purple card stock. Then I die cut a Whimsy Stamps Dracula (#WSD406 - "Dracula Going Batty") from black cardstock and glued him over the moon. The sentiment was stamped in purple (LDRS Creative #3486 "Wicked") and the purple graveyard was fussy cut and layered over Dracula. Before fussy cutting the scene, I touched it up a bit with a purple Copic marker. The two-toned bat is from Tim Holtz. I lined the purple envelope with a scrap of light-weight orange paper. 

I really like the simplicity of this card - much better than the one I posted a couple of days ago.

Here's the link to the challenge:   

 Color Hues: Color Hues #96-Purple and Orange (colorhuesthecolorchallenge.blogspot.com)


And because I used some new stuff, I am also entering the October challenge over at NBUS. The bat, sentiment, and graveyard scene are all NBUS:




4 comments:

  1. My mind is just imagining this spooky fella creeping through the graveyard! Terrific card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my Queen of Halloween, Fran! I enjoyed going back and seeing all of the fantastic cards you've been making and I couldn't pick a favorite! I also enjoyed your new front yard, too!! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Darnell! In case you couldn't figure it out, I LOVE making Halloween cards! Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Fangtastic" card. I just love this. You did an awesome job with it.

    ReplyDelete