Thursday, October 3, 2024

FINAL HALLOWEEN CARD

Well not really, because there are still cards that have yet to show up as a result of my tenure at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge. But I now have enough cards for my mailing list. When I saw Lisa's color selections for Just Us Girls - Color Week #747 - Chartreuse/Light Blue/Gray I really wanted to try out these colors for a Halloween card.


Boy, was this hard to photograph! The brightness of the chartreuse seemed to unbalance the other colors on the card and the little ghost background didn't want to come across as blue.

Anyway, I started with a dark gray 5-1/2" square card base that I glued a square chartreuse panel to, then the ghost background from some ancient scraps in my stash - in fact, all of the papers here are ancient scraps. I die cut the buildings from one of my favorite Tim Holtz sets from dark gray card stock and backed them with printed chartreuse paper. I heat embossed the sentiment with Zing! "Leaf" on some coordinating paper and die cut the top with a stitched curve and attached the buildings and curved panel to the face of the card with a bit of dimensional foam. The Whimsy bat die was the final addition and it looks a bit strange because the shadow is so dark. I custom made an envelope and stamped a sentiment and spider in black from a new stamp set - LDRS Creative #3486 "Wicked".  

"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Just Us Girls ~ Color Week #747 (justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com)


I think I can finally move on and start thinking about my Thanksgiving cards!

4 comments:

  1. We are too critical of our own work. I don't see any of the boo boos of which you speak! I see a great idea for a non-traditional colors Halloween card...I love cards that steer away from the norm. This card is fun and I'm so glad you made it and shared it with us at Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is Hallowicked!!! I love the spooky yet not scaryness of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the creepy green glow coming from the windows and all of those ghost floating about are oodles of fun! Terrific use of my colors and a spooktacular card, Fran. Thanks so much for playing along at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! The little blue ghosties and chartreuse light in the windows are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete