Tuesday, September 1, 2026

SEPTEMBER TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE

We have a new inspiration board for September at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge, and we're quickly sliding into Halloween!



HA! I just realized, looking over at my TOB Halloween Challenge badge, that today is my 4th anniversary with the challenge! It's been great fun! If I multiply 2 cards each month times 4 years, I come up with 96 cards!



I was attracted to the books and candles in the lower right quadrant and got out my Whimsy Stamps #CWSD427 "Poe Boy" stamp set to make a Poe arrangement. I think one of the reasons I love Halloween cards so much is that my maiden name was Poe! But you already knew that.

I started by stamping the row of books with black ink and adding a Tim Holtz cobweb in white. Then I colored the books with Copic markers. I trimmed the front panel with a deckle-edged rectangular die and edged it with black ink. This card stock is textured, so to get a clean inking I turned the paper over and inked the raven/scull/candle and open book on the backside of a scrap. I had an old paperback book that had Edgar Allen Poe in the index and paper-pieced that page to the book image and attached it to the front panel. It wasn't in great shape, so I decided to add some gray splats over the book and panel and over-stamped the sentiment (LDRS Creative "Wicked") in black. I paper pieced the skull to the raven image and fussy-cut after touching up with a bit of Copic markers. Finally, I attached the raven and skull to the face of the card with a bit of dimensional foam tape. 


You have 28 days to come up with your September Halloween project - check in over at the blog to see the wonderful inspirational cards made for you by all of my Design Team pals!

3 comments:

  1. WOW what a fabulous image grouping! GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome creative card, each element working so perfectly with each other, like it was meant to be, and congrats and thanks too for the 4 years, I for one will miss this challenge, I just wish more would of enjoyed like we do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four years and you always come up with something terrific!

    ReplyDelete