Friday, April 9, 2021

DAY 4 OF MY PERSONAL CHALLENGE

Here I am at 4 days in a row of cards - quite an accomplishment for me. Once I've made it to 7 days it will take another 2 or 3 just to clean up the clutter!

This morning I'm being inspired by CASOLOGY #387 - "Comfort". The first thing that came to mind for this challenge was the words from the old traditional Christmas carol "Tidings of comfort and joy". I looked through all of my Christmas card stamps and papers and didn't find what I was looking for. But I did come across this Impression Obsession fall sentiment which seemed appropriate - what's more comforting than a cup of warm tea?


I started with kraft paper and PTI's "Fancy Flourishes" stamped with Hero Arts "Unicorn" pigment ink for the steam coming from the tea cup. I then over-printed the sentiment (masking off "warm tea") in PTI's "Dark Chocolate" dye ink. Once that was all dry enough I masked off most of the sentiment and white embossed "warm tea" and cut it all out with one of my rectangular stitched dies. I mounted that onto a larger white piece and mounted it all to a white card base. The tea cup was stamped with PTI's "Tea for Two Additions" in their Dark Chocolate ink and then dipped into VersaMark ink and clear embossing powder to enhance the color - the shininess doesn't show up in the photo. I fussy-cut the cup and mounted it with some dimensional foam to the card and then, because I can NEVER, not ever resist twine and beads...


And that does it for me for the day!









  

2 comments:

  1. Love your take on the challenge word. And, your card is so cozy, it exudes comfort. Great fun to see that I recognized that old PTI tea cup...that was one of my very earliest stamp purchases. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card definitely feels warm and cozy - a total comfort! Love how you used the flourish with the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete