Sunday, October 3, 2021

GHOSTS AND COBWEBS

Continuing with my glut of Halloween cards, next up is a submission for the current Freshly Made Sketches #505. This year I will have to make very few additional Halloween cards to complete my usual edition of 25-30 for friends and family. I had some left from last year's challenges, plus with all of the ones I've made this year, I'm now up to 21 individual cards! I'll soon be home free and can start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas.


I started with a large 4 x 6 white card base on which I mounted purple card stock cut just slightly smaller. Then on a second purple card cut a bit smaller than that I white heat-embossed a Tim Holtz cobweb from one of his many Halloween collections. I stamped a StampFrancisco ghost with Memento "Tuxedo Black" and fussy-cut him out to put into a dark purple circle die. I slipped an orange sentiment strip (stamped from Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz "Stitches" #CMS365 with Memento's "Grape Jelly" dye ink and white heat-embossed sentiment from an old stamp set) under his hands and mounted all of this to the white card that already had a purple mat attached. The envelope was a purple one left over from last year's Halloween card and I lined it with a scrap of orange paper.





1 comment:

  1. What a clever design, Fran! Love the framed ghost and wonderful web. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete