Friday, January 28, 2022

BACK TO VALENTINE'S CARDS AND BROKEN PROMISES

After a brief respite from valentines, I've been really cranking them out the last couple of days. I've been using several challenges for inspiration to hone down what I want to send out to all of our friends and family for this year's Valentine's Day greeting. I promised myself not to buy any special Valentine's Day supplies this year, but alas, promise broken! So, here's the first one with a new stamp set and a couple of new dies.


The inspiration for this one can be found over at the Color Throwdown Challenge #677 - pink/purple/green. I started with white cardstock and VersaMagic chalk ink in "Purple Hydrangea" to stamp a wreath from Penny Black's "Wreath Whimsy, which I then colored with pink and green Copic markers. The next step was to die-cut the cardstock with a stitched rectangular die and cut out the stitched circle from LDRS Creative. I attached this to a white card base with some dimensional foam, inserting a scrap of purple polka dot paper behind. I diecut  the "love" sentiment (Hero Arts #DC175 "Love Stamp & Cut") from pink cardstock and glued it over the wreath, threading the e with a small tag. To get this small tag, I used one of the Dare 2B Artzy "Rectangular Framelits" and shortened it by double-cutting.


This close-up shows how I had problems with the sentiment when trying to insert the last letter through the tag - HA! It bent in a couple of places. The sentiment and heart on the tag are both from the Hero Arts set.





 

2 comments:

  1. What a great design! Love how the patterned paper peeks out from the center of your stamped wreath image. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plum polka dot paper and that sweet wreath are making me smile big time! Darling card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete