Friday, January 28, 2022

MORE LOVE AND HEARTS

Back again with yet another valentine using old stamps and dies. This is my second attempt at this particular sketch at Freshly Made Stamps #520 - Sketch by Jen M. While my personal style has evolved over the years more toward CAS, it's fun to occasionally take on a design with more elements. 



I decided to use Stampin' Up's "Hello, Dolly" image as the circular element and play with it in positive/negative black and white. I started by stamping the doily with Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink on a bright white cardstock square. When it was sufficiently dry, I laid over a strip of black card stock that I had heat embossed the doily with white embossing powder to provide the vertical stripe. I overlapped all of this with a white cardstock tag (Stampin' Up "Framelits - Chalk Talk"). I die cut the sentiment from the tag, knocked out the heart, and glued it back in with red card stock. I pulled some black satin ribbon through a hole I punched in the tag and attached this all to the face of the card with some dimensional tape. The final step was to add a small heart into the opening of the sentiment and "you" (from Alexandra Renke) in red card stock, and mount all of this to a top-folded red 5-1/4 x 5-1/4" card base.

As I noted above, this was my second attempt with this layout. I was getting tired of pinks and peaches and thought it was time to do something a bit more dramatic. The envelope is lined with a black and white printed paper with tiny hearts that I found buried in my stash.     



 

4 comments:

  1. Your pretty doily was a perfect choice for the circle in the sketch! Wonderful valentine, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! It sounds like an engineering masterpiece and the end result was worth the effort! I love the neutral black, gray, and white background and how it absolutely pops with the red. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the detail in your card! The doily in the reverse colors is gorgeous! And I love how you added the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning take on the sketch! I love the negative/positive doily and the fabulous tag with the inlaid sentiment. That's all so creative. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete