Monday, January 31, 2022

MORNING COFFEE

 A couple of years ago I started weaning myself off of excess coffee and am finally down to a single cup every morning, which I think makes it especially appreciated! I make myself a single cup of latte each morning to greet the day.  It's particularly special on the days I meet a friend at one of our favorite nearby coffee shops. But as much as I love my coffee, I seem to have a hole in my cardmaking supplies with regard to coffee - now wine is another story! 

All of that to say that this morning's card offering is inspired by the year's first Fusion Card Challenge - "Coffee Chalkboard". To say that this card was a struggle for me is an understatement. I think I worked on it almost all day yesterday after having decided not to participate in the challenge. But thumbing through some very old stamp sets I found this single coffee cup among some Inkadinkado "Inchies" that remained mostly unused over the years. Try as I might, I couldn't manage to convert this single image into a coffee shop chalk board, so I decided to use it alone in the sketch challenge. 


I started with some printed dark gray paper that was slightly grungy. It's a very light-weight paper so I adhered it first to cardstock so that the stitched rectangle would have a bit of dimension to it. Then I went in search of something akin to newspaper and all I could find was a scrap of cardstock with the image printed on a gold linen. I copied it with my copier in black only and liked the gray paper that came out. This I glued to the face of the pre-die cut rectangle and cut an opening with a stitched circle die from LDRS Creative. I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts #D1598 Color Layering "Sea & Sky" and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I did the same on the circle I cut out from the face of the card and die cut it again with a slightly smaller circle die. Everything was mounted onto a white card base, and I colored the coffee cup with a yellow-gold Prismacolor pencil. The final step was to use my anti-static powder bag to rub on some white powder to make it look like chalk. It's such a simple card that I have no idea why it took me nearly a day to create!

2 comments:

  1. I think you've done quite well with the challenge, Fran this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chalkboard look is perfect! great card for the challenge! Glad you joined us at fusion!

    ReplyDelete