Sunday, January 23, 2022

TWO TAKES WITH THE SAME DIE

Hello, all. This morning I started out working on a cream, red, and gold valentine for the current Color Throwdown #676 and ended up segueing into another card using the same old favorite PTI die. I'm saving a bit of time by posting both of them together rather than going to two separate posts.


I started this first card with some textured cream card stock from LCI with matching envelope. This design is similar to one I was playing around with a couple of years ago. I stamped the cancellation image first with PTI "Pure Poppy" ink and applied a postage stamp outline die cut from the same card stock and stamped again to overlap ink and die. I then die cut several layers of the "Love" image from PTI's "Wonderful Words" from gold cardstock, but I wanted it to be brighter, so I smooshed the word into some VersaMark watermark ink and used Stampendouse "Pirate Gold" embossing powder over the face of it. I inserted a red card stock heart behind the word after overprinting it with the postal cancellation stamp. It was finished off with a couple of gold heart dies. I lined the envelope with some scraps of valentine paper from years ago.


I'm entering this card into both the Color Throwdown challenge and Time Out #205 - In Love".




Added February 3, 2022:




For a completely different look, my second card using the same die was done primarily to enter the current Freshly Made Sketches #519. I used an old PTI image from their "Love & Marriage" collection and stamped it on a piece of white card stock with Memento "Gray Flannel" ink - which looks darker in the photo than it is. I matted it with some red dot paper and silver foil to the face of the side-folded white card. I then die cut several of the "Love" sentiments from white card stock and layered them over the face of the tree image with a red dotted heart filler and added a final top layer of silver foil. I stamped "Lots of" on card stock with "Pure Poppy" and punched it out for a tag that I attached with some silver thread.


 


Added January 25, 2022:






8 comments:

  1. Super Valentine cards! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these cards!! So lovely!❤️😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you put the card with the CTD colors together!! It's awesome! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two darling cards, Fran! I've always liked that love die and I like the way you've used it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the win Fran. Both your cards are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to your blog, Fran. What a delight! Congrats on your win, both cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card in the TIME OUT gallery is so perfectly CAS and beautiful! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete