Tuesday, February 8, 2022

CAS COLOURS & SKETCHES #456

My time as Guest Designer for the month of February continues over at CAS Colours & Sketches and this one was a really tough one for me. 



Once I got past the idea that the design elements didn't have to be egg-shaped, but rather two images on each side of a smaller one it was a bit easier. My choice was to use 2 sizes of hearts.



I started with a white A2 top-folded card base. I trimmed a rectangle just slightly smaller and then die cut a couple of PTI heart dies - one from a piece of white embossed card stock and one from plain card stock, adding a die cut heart intended as part of a stitched felt heart from PTI's baby shoes patterns. My final step was to die cut a heart and arrow from an old holiday images die set. I hand-punched double openings into the heart and threaded a 1/4" wide red strip with the sentiment heat embossed in white embossing powder. Does it get any more CAS than this?

I made this card on Friday and lived with it all weekend and decided to add a couple of rhinestones so it wouldn't be quite so bare. I love CAS, but I also like just a little embellishment.

After struggling with this sketch, I'm anxious to see what all of you other designers have come up with!

 

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card, Fran! I love the sentiment strip you threaded through the heart, what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Fran! Love this beautiful Valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the super-clean look, and the way you added texture and interest to the hearts. So clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was a great take on the sketch Fran - the diecut and embossed detailing adds great interest for your white-on-white card and your red banner adds a lovely pop of colour. Very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant take on the sketch! I love all the dimensions and textures on these gorgeous hearts.

    ReplyDelete