Sunday, September 25, 2022

HEARTS & HOME

Today is my birthday, and on birthdays the rule in our household is that we can do anything we want. So, I slept in until 10:00 and went straight to my craft room/office to play! Today's offering is inspired by the combination of two challenges: AAA Cards Game Challenge #222 - "Colour Scheme + Dots or Spots" and Christmas Kickstart #66 - "Home for the Holidays"


I think this is all pretty self-explanatory. The house and tree dies are a combination of Nellie's Choice #SD214 "Village" and Alexandra Renke #D-XX-AR-W0128 "Winter City". The splotches in the sky are from my old standby, a Tim Holtz Halloween rubber stamp set and the sentiment is Impression Obsession #CL971 "Holiday Words" heat embossed with Zing! Red. I also custom-lined a matching white envelope with red vellum but the reflection of the red played poorly with my cellphone lens and the photos came out bright pink! As it is, the colors still didn't present themselves as true to my card - the red house is more of a true red and the "pink" one is actually magenta. 

Here are the inspirations for my card:

 AAA Cards: Game #224: Colour Scheme





Added October 11, 2022:



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday wishes to you, Fran!! Love the scene you've created on your adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. I love your winter village with the yellow windows and the tiny snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling little village in the hills, Fran! Congrats on being a top pick at Christmas Kickstart!

    ReplyDelete