Monday, September 26, 2022

DECK THE HALLS

One thing I always struggle with when trimming my Christmas tree is when to stop. No, just one more bird or star over there, but then it needs yet another one for balance. "Less is More" never really seems to apply to Christmas decorations! It's no less of a conundrum when trimming a tree for a card! So, that's where we start today.

I started this card with two challenges in mind - Time Out Challenge #223 "Photo Inspiration" and CAS September Christmas Card Challenge "Sparkle and/or Shine". I wasn't very far into the project before I had to abandon the idea of it being a CAS card!


This thing is definitely multiple layers. The Tim Holtz tree is die cut from two different green cardstocks and pieced together over a gray printed rectangle triple matted with gray and white stocks. Once all mounted together onto a white side-folded card base, I started sticking and gluing multiple silver stars and small silver sequins, not knowing when to stop! The final layer was a dark green tag silver heat embossed with an old PTI Christmas sentiment and tied with multiple fine silver threads. The rectangles and tag are all from the same Dare 2B Artzy die set.





1 comment:

  1. Your tree is so very festive, and I think you have the absolute perfect number of sequins decorating it. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete