Wednesday, February 1, 2023

WHAT'S THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF IN FEBRUARY?

Halloween cards, of course!!

It's the beginning of a new month and a new challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge. And our fearless leaders, Darlene and Diane, have come up with some unique Halloween images combining Halloween and Valentine's Day! I had a hard time settling on one of the images in the inspiration board, but finally decided on the top left quadrant - bats bearing gifts!

Last month, while wandering around my favorite arts and crafts store, I hit a sale of expired Halloween stamps and dies. The "Is the moon out tonight?" stamp (Impression Obsession #CL553) was where I started by stamping it with Hero Arts Pigment Ink "Unicorn" on a square of gray cardstock. I cut and folded a 5" x 5" black card base and mounted the gray square to that. I overlaid a partial printed tree image from my Parklane "Boo" that I fussy cut from a larger image. The count and bats are a new-to-me die from Whimsy Shapeology #WSD406 "Dracula Going Batty". I attached Dracula to the face of the card with black dimensional foam and finished with a fussy-cut heart of candy corn from some very old Halloween paper.

Usually, I don't finish up the insides of the cards until I send them out at Halloween, but this time I couldn't resist! I created the sentiment on my computer, cut it out with circle dies, and added 2 more bats and an orange heart cut from the same paper as the candy corn heart.

I used up most of the last scraps of my hoarded Halloween hearts paper on the envelope, although there's a tiny piece left that may end up somewhere on my mid-month card!

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: February Anything Goes Halloween



This is a really fun mood board that you must try your hand at! Take a look at the fabulous cards from our Design Team. 

4 comments:

  1. Perfection achieved! 🧡🧡🧡 this card! I'll be snipping this to CASe it in the future. 😁😍Thank you for your inspiration. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, it is so cool how you melded Halloween and Valentine's Day together on this card!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran...OMgosh! Your dracula is too cute for words. What a great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Halloween card; love the inside sentiment!

    ReplyDelete