Sunday, January 29, 2023

YOU & ME & CHLOE

Yesterday when I was messing around with trying to pull together a card for a Freshly Made Sketches challenge, I had more than one extra stamped and colored Valentine wreaths (Penny Black "Wreath Whimsy" #30-654) and I decided to use one of them for a Time Out Challenge #230 "Inspired by Words" this morning. I made this Valentine card for my loving husband of 37 years: 


I stamped the wreath with PTI "Scarlet Jewell" and colored it with Copic markers yesterday and this morning I trimmed the cardstock to a stitched die-cut rectangle and die-cut a stitched circle from the center. I stamped the sentiment on the front of a folded card base. The sentiment is part of a stamp set I bought last year. I haven't used this sentiment before and discovered that the ME is messed up - bummer! (That will teach me to wait a year to use a stamp and it can't be returned.) I added some small, stamped hearts with PTI "Pure Poppy" to partially disguise the messed-up letters. I mounted the rectangle to the card base and glued a couple of MFT birds die-cut from scraps to further disguise the ME. Very simple but made with love! 


I carried this card and a 12x12 white paper and overlaid paper lace into the guest bedroom to photograph it on one of the beds because the light was best there (although a bit yellow this morning). Chloe (mother of the kitties we've been fostering) follows me around the house like a puppy and decided to photo-bomb the picture!



TIME OUT Challenges: Challenge 230 - Inspired by Words 





7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....that wreath (and the birds) are just the sweetest! I love how you colored and diecut them. And kitty is sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything LeAnne said!! This is such a sweet card and the photo bomb is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another sweet Valentine! I would never know that there was any problem with the card as you did such an excellent job of disguising the messed up stamp. It looks like Chloe approves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little birds perched on your heart wreath, Fran. So cute! It's great to have a matching envelope too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Fran!! I dashed over to thank you for your kindness and fell in love with this darling Valentine for your sweetheart! Pink and red have never looked so lovely together - undoubtedly just as sweet on your other card. Off to see! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card and wow, congratulations on 37 years of marriage! I love your CAS design, that wreath is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Time Out and I hope to see you joining our new challenge where we are CASEing Gina K!

    ReplyDelete