Friday, December 8, 2023

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR

Cleaning up the craft room a bit I came across some glittery card stock that I bought a couple of weeks ago and set aside. I don't remember who the manufacturer is, but it's a whole line of metallic cardstock from shiny to matte iridescent to glitter and they're gorgeous. I picked up some of the rose gold - what's not to love about rose gold? Inspired by the challenge at Inkspirational - "Add Glitter", I decided to continue with my Christmas cards. 


I bought the pale blush cardstock at the same time as the glitter paper and made a card base from it. The sentiment is from PTI's "Season's Greetings" and I heat embossed it with Zing! "Blush" - there were some chunks of embossing powder that I didn't see before using my heat gun and I couldn't scrape them off. It is what it is! The gray front panel is an iridescent cardstock from my stash and I die cut it into a smaller stitched rectangle, matted it with the rose gold glitter and some dark gray matching paper (the same stock I used for my custom envelope), and mounted all of that off-center on the card base. The snowflake was die cut from the rose gold glitter and blush iridescent cardstock (Penny Black #51-561 "Snowflake Tag"). I pulled some pale gray satin ribbon through the hole in the center of the snowflakes and tied it off in a bow and added a couple of tiny rose gold sequins. The lining of the envelope is a piece of handmade rice paper that has been knocking about my craft room since the beginning of this whole cardmaking adventure.

Here's a photo showing the glitter a bit better - no sunshine here in the northwest so everything came out a bit flat.


Inkspirational: Inkspirational Challenge #304 - Designer's Choice - Add Glitter (inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com)



I think this card is also appropriate for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, using the bottom row across - Free/Embellishment/Die Cut:

TTTC238 - Featured Designer Felicita - Tic Tac Toe Challenge


Added December 17, 2023:



3 comments:

  1. Your layered die cut snowflake is SO pretty in the rose gold glitter paper Fran! thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Glitter! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant creation! Thank you for sharing with us at INkspirational~

    ReplyDelete