Tuesday, December 5, 2023

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

I haven't participated at Christmas Kickstart Challenge for a while, so decided to join in this week with another black, white, and gold card - just when you thought I was all finished with that! At Christmas Kickstart they're inviting us to link up anything "Christmassy".


When I was working on this card I had stamped the little rectangle from Alexandra Renke twice on black cardstock and heat embossed one with gold and one with white embossing powder. So this version has been sitting on my desk for a while waiting for an idea. I decided that I wanted this version to be more white than the other, so I went with this little winter scene. I had some scraps of an iridescent white cardstock so used a stitched wave die for layers of snow and die cut a couple of little trees from Nellie's Choice #SD214 "Village". I added some gold stars from Tim Holtz and set about what to do for a frame to set the scene off. I settled on die cutting a square opening on a white card that I had die cut into a stitched rectangle - but, alas, the white cardstock was slightly yellower than the snow and trees, so I went back into my paper stash to find a white sheet that matched the snow and trees. Happily I found a textured stock and I gold heat embossed an old never-before-used sentiment below the opening. When I started putting it all together on a black card base, I decided to add a bit of gold embossing along the edge of the front panel to give it a more finished look. 


I'm pleased with this card. I've always had a real love for anything miniature and I completely enjoy doing these little scenes. 

You should be forewarned that there is still another black, white & gold Christmas card in the works! We have a close-knit group of professional interior designers here in Medford/Ashland and we've been meeting during the holidays for years for an annual gathering. My plan is to have five black, white & gold cards to present to each of my dear friends. 

 Christmas Kickstart Challenge: Christmas Kickstart Challenge #81 - If it's Christmassy, Link it Up!


Added January 5, 2024:






7 comments:

  1. This is such an elegant, delightful card! The gold, black and white is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaceful, elegant and ever so lovely, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy and beautiful, your little scene is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love your cards, Fran, and this one is simply stunning. Thanks for coming to play again at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Fran - I am loving your white/gold/black inspiration! I totally agree - everything looks better in miniature too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks - I'm definitely on a roll!

    ReplyDelete