Tuesday, January 9, 2024

SNARK NEWS

The Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers is back after a respite, and their new challenge is #246 - "N is for New", in which we're challenged to use something new that we haven't used yet. I opted to also play with the word a bit to say how I feel about the New Year. Also, my card is using pieces cut from The New York Times.


Some months back I won a challenge (don't remember which one) and I was gifted with a certificate from AALL & Create, and one of the stamp sets I ordered was  #771 "DEE Quips" designed by Janet Klein. This is the first time I've used it. I started with a black card base that I attached a die cut rectangle of textured craft card stock. Then I used newsprint from the front page of  a New York Times. I didn't find newsprint to be a particularly good medium for die cutting - there was some wrinkling involved, but hey! I used PTI's number dies and stacked them to fit onto an A2 card. The sentiment was white heat embossed on black and glued to the face. The photo and envelope lining are both from the opinion page of The New York Times.

I have to admit to being a bit of a news junkie, but I generally tend to keep my political opinions out of my blog. I think I can make an exception here because it seems that the "Sisters" don't really concern themselves with offending anyone! 

So, I submit "N is for New": New Year, new stamp set, The New York Times, and newsprint.


Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: SoSS #246 - N is for New



Added February 6, 2024:



3 comments:

  1. Was this a rhetorical question? ROFL!!! I'm so over it all but we'll save that for another day as well. This is absolutely fabulous and so perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for starting out the new year with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yep, we are so not easily offended :)
    Your card is all kinds of NEW awesome!!!
    Thanks for sharing something new with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely brilliant! Thanks for playing with the sistahs again, Fran, Jo x

    ReplyDelete