Friday, March 15, 2024

HOME SWEET HOME

Today looks like the first day of spring - the sky is absolutely clear and the plum tree blossoms are ready to pop! I haven't worked in my craft room for more than a week. I looked in on Tic Tac Toe Challenge #243 and see a perfect opportunity for a bright spring-like card! I decided on the center down choices - Yellow/CAS Design/Pearls or Sequins.

This is also a new design for my son's real estate business - he gives out my handmade cards to his clients when they close on their new homes. I've spoken about this previously here and here

This card started as a white 5-1/2" square card base. I trimmed a piece of yellow cardstock down to 5x5 and die cut a square out of the center. The sentiment is from a small Hero Arts stamp set #DC225 and I stamped it with Memento "Tuxedo Black before attaching the yellow square to the face of the card. Then I die cut Birch Press Design's "Honeycomb Mini Tile Later Set" #56125 from several yellow and ochre scraps, glued them together, and centered them in the opening of the yellow square. The final step was to stamp, color, and fussy cut a bee from Hackney & Co. "Tell the Bees" set and mount her to the card with a bit of dimensional tape. I dug through all of my stash and found three honey-colored sequins to complete the challenge.

The coordinating envelope is from a pack of square vellum envelopes I picked up a couple of months ago at Michael's. I decided to line it with some bee printed paper I have in my New Home stash. 

I realize that everything on this card - the honeycomb die, the sentiment, and the queen bee are all elements that I've never used before, so I hear NBUS Challenge #60 beckoning to me!   


TTTC243 - Featured Designer Silke - Tic Tac Toe Challenge  










1 comment:

  1. I love that your son gives out your cards! This one is CAS cuteness!

    ReplyDelete