Wednesday, May 22, 2024

10th BIRTHDAY

I've been so busy lately with gardening and getting our new front yard finished up and have spent very little time in my craft room playing with my cards. This morning I wanted to make a card and noticed that the latest challenge at AAA Cards is "Anything Birthday goes" with the Optional Twist: "10th Birthday". My youngest granddaughter turns 10 in a couple of months, so I thought to make her birthday card early.


I loved that the image on the challenge is a monkey - Kaitlyn's father has called her Monkey since the day she was born! These two monkeys playing jumping jack are from a very old stamp set that is probably called "Spring is Sprung" since that's one of the sentiments on the set. It also had a cute little frog that I decided to use as well, since frogs are her favorite animals.

It's been a while since I attempted a shaker card, so since I had made shaker cards for both of her twin siblings for their 10th birthdays (almost 5 years ago), I thought to do the same thing with this card. Those cards can be viewed here.

The monkeys were stamped on white with brown ink and colored with Copic markers after masking them off and stenciling a pink heart as a background. I then die cut them with a postage stamp die and glued them to a pink die cut rectangle that is matted with a green rectangle. I used a layer of dimensional foam between the white card base and green rectangle for the shaker area. I'm not going to go into the engineering involved with the shaker opening - I had intended to insert an additional color behind the 0, but forgot until it was too late!


I tied a die cut heart onto the 0 with silk thread and a couple of beads. Here's a link to the challenge:

AAA Cards: AAA Card Challenge #265: Anything Birthday goes, we're 10!

 


3 comments:

  1. This is just as cute as it can be, Fran! Love that you had these happy little monkeys for your little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable and what a fab card to celebrate turning ten. I love how you've turned the zero into a shaker. Thanks for helping us turn TEN too at AAA Cards and for all your support in the past it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete