Saturday, June 1, 2024

JUNE TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE

9:00 PM on June 1st here on the west coast and it's time for a new Two Old Bats mood board! It being June, this mood board features wedding imagery. I started out working on baking a wedding cake, but it flopped seriously, so I went with some skeleton imagery. I'll try again at mid-month and see if I have any more luck. 





As one of my lovely Design Team members has said, there's something to be said about making the paper work for you on a card! This Trick-or-Treat image has been in my stash for a very long time. I trimmed it down with a stitched rectangular die and matted it with a pale gold cardstock to pick up the tones from the fussy cut moth that was on one of the Park Lane "Haunted Hollow" papers. I love the skull image on his back! Before attaching it to the card with dimensional foam, I stamped the sentiment with Hero Arts "Unicorn" pigment ink. When it dried I over-stamped with Hero Arts "Butter Bar" ink. I was disappointed that when it dried it was not as intensely gold-toned as before drying. I'm thinking it would have benefitted with a couple more coats of the Butter Bar after drying. I'll try this overprint technique again sometime soon to see if I can get the colors a bit more intense.


The envelope was a plain black one from my stash and I lined it with a skeleton paper from American Crafts "Happy Halloween".

We would love to have you join us this month in our challenge! We're still trying to give away this really cute "Spooky Tree" die from Tutti Designs, and if we get more than 25 entries you could be a winner!




2 comments:

  1. Fran, this is a wonderful Halloween card and I think it would be a super masculine card, too! That moth is scary and awesome...eeeek!

    ReplyDelete