Tuesday, June 4, 2024

SPECIAL BIRTHDAY CARD

June 4th and a date I'm not likely to ever forget - my son was born on this date at 6:00 AM in Redondo Beach, California 50 years ago! He started out thinking he would celebrate tonight at one of his restaurants that is closed on Tuesdays, but as the date got closer he got less and less excited about it. Last week he announced to us that he really didn't want to make a big deal out of this and thought to wait until next Sunday when his mother-in-law has bought tickets for the whole family to go on a jet boat ride and dinner down the Rogue River. His wife said she wanted to invite friends over to their house tonight, but he was afraid that he would have to cook (he does all of the cooking in their house - Dani can barely boil water). So we offered to host and cook, and still not much enthusiasm. Finally, Dani decided this was too important a birthday to just ignore, so she took matters into her own hands and is ordering food in for a party with all of their friends.

I struggled a bit trying to come up with a decent 50th birthday card but finally settled on highlighting his lack of enthusiasm:


If this looks familiar to any of my followers, then you're right - I cheated and tore apart a previous card to build this one. I took all of the Tim Holtz people off of this card and replaced them on a new black cardstock accordion-folded card base. The sentiment that I generated on my computer seemed very appropriate!

I made this custom envelope, and here is the complete presentation as he will open it:




That's it! We went in on a new propane grill as a gift from the entire family, and are planning to take it over this evening and tell him that we're expecting him to grill for everyone. Thankfully, he has a great sense of humor!

1 comment:

  1. Fran, I do remember the previous card (which I loved) but your son's birthday card really pops with the black background and I love it more! That amazing envelope makes the whole presentation absolutely awesome!!

    ReplyDelete