Thursday, June 13, 2024

ANOTHER FAMILY BIRTHDAY

And today is my daughter-in-law's birthday! Anyone who follows me knows I haven't been very active here lately. It just seems like there's always something else to do. For me, the more active I am, the quicker the ideas come - so to step in to make a new card required a swift kick in the butt by way of a challenge. The current Tic Tac Toe Challenge #249 provided the necessary incentive. I used the first column down - Layers/Die Cut/Patterned Paper.

I think this definitely ticks off the boxes - many layers, a die cut gift card envelope and leaves, and patterned paper. I started with a white 5-1/2" square top-folded card base and attached an embossed 5"square that was matted with a 5-1/4" square of the same paper. Then, using the same white card stock, I die cut a white gift envelope and lined it with black and white printed floral paper and attached that to the front of the card. I die cut some PTI leaves from black and white dotted paper and tucked them into the envelope, along with some fussy cut flowers from the same patterned paper as the envelope liner. Rummaging through my envelope stash, I found a bright pink square envelope and decided to use it and felt I needed a bit of pink on the card to match. I white heat embossed the sentiment and die cut it into a tag. The final step was to pull some twine through the tag and attach it to the gift envelope, overlapping a couple of fussy cut flowers from the patterned paper. I also ended up lining the pink envelope with the black and white patterned paper. 


 

TTTC249 - Featured Designer Jeanie - Tic Tac Toe Challenge


Added June 22, 2024:




2 comments:

  1. Fran, this is so lovely! I really like that pop of hot pink with the black and white card design. The lined envelope is of course perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the prettiness you tucked into that envelope! Fantastic card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete