Friday, June 28, 2024

GETTING MY SNARK ON!

I've been contemplating the latest Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #251 - "D is for Die Cuts". Today I have some time on my hands, so I headed into the craft room for further contemplation. The idea I decided to pursue was to make a really pretty card and contrast it with a snarky sentiment. How do you think I did?


I used one of my favorite techniques, which I guess is called "spotlighting", starting with a 5-1/2" square top-folded white card base. Using a floral stamp from Hero Arts + Gina K (#PR101), I stamped it on the face of the card base with PTI "Soft Stone" ink, plus 2 more times on additional card stock squares. I won't go into all of the technicalities - just suffice it to say it took a bit of engineering to get all of the layers die cut with the selected square dies and trimmed to fit the card base in graduating layers. I colored the roses on the original card front with my Copic markers and over-stamped the Unity Stamp "Itty Bitty" #IB-948 and heat embossed it with silver powder. Before assembling the card I silver-embossed the outer edges of the second layer and die cut a small row of stitching holes on the colored area to pull some silver threads through.  


The final step was to assemble all of the layers and glue them to the front of the card and attaching a small die cut heart over the stitching. This photo gives a better look at the metallic silver elements:


So here's a link to Edna's invitation to join her with your creative die cutting project: 

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: SoSS #251 - D is for Die Cut



On a personal note: Sometimes to amuse myself, I check the Urban Dictionary for their definitions. I looked up "snark" today and came up with this - "A smart ass remark made by wanna be hipsters who think they cloak their douchebaggery in a self important sense of fey cleverness and ironic witticism." OUCH!! 

2 comments:

  1. That sentiment is a hoot, what a fantastic card! Urban Dictionary has some zingers, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I own this sentiment too and LOVE it! I stamped it on the back of a card I sent to my nephew because I knew he'd look. He thought it was hilarious. It's perfect juxtaposition on yours. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    ReplyDelete