Monday, July 1, 2024

JULY TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE

We're back with a brand new Halloween challenge for July! While you can submit anything Halloween, why not use our new mood board as a fun jumping-off place?



I think my submission this month is a bit obscure, giving new meaning to "jumping-off". Looking at the top left quadrant, I was taken by the creepy sign post and remembered a Tim Holtz rubber stamp that I had never used, with a vulture sitting on a sign post. It was quite a small image, so I constructed a scene combining a bunch of small images. 

The moon, bats, and sign post are all Tim Holtz from various Halloween sets and the gnarly tree was a really old image from my stash that I've used several times over the years. I started this card with a gray top-folded 5-1/2" square card base. I stamped a cobweb background on a piece of white card stock, cut it down to 5" square, and attached it to the face of the card. Then, using a 4" square piece of gray card stock, I stamped the moon with Hero Arts "Unicorn" pigment ink. When that dried I over-stamped the trio of bats and the tree. To get the sense of grass across the lower part of the card, I used a Whimsey Stamps grass stamp from their "Zombie Party" set. I stamped the vulture/sign post with black ink on white card stock and fussy cut it out, attaching it to the face of the card with some black dimensional foam. The next step was to white heat emboss the sentiment on a strip of black card stock that had been cut with a stitched curve die and attach it to the bottom of the square with dimensional foam. And because I have this "thing" for ties and simple embellishments, I punched a hole in the top right and pulled some black and white baker's twine through it. After adding a black mat, all was attached to the face of the card.



The custom envelope was made from some two-sided printed paper from Park Lane's "Haunted Hollow" pad. It seemed that paper with creepy animal skeletons would work okay with my card.  

By now, if you send out July 4th cards (I'm not this year) they're probably all finished and in the mail. So, time to start thinking about Halloween! Get out your supplies and join us Wacky Old Halloween Bats with a card of your choice. Remember that if we get 25 or more entries we have a special drawing!


AND



2 comments:

  1. Oh Fran this is so cool! Love your design and that envelope is creepy with the snakes and all! LOL thanks for showcasing our prize special on your post also ... appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific monochromatic look, this is fun!

    ReplyDelete